The Environment and our responsibilities in the use of packaging.
According to World Wildlife Fund International, we will all face a sharp drop in living standards by the middle of the century unless we stop our current depletion of the earth's natural resources. Furthermore, when packaging is not reused, recycled or biodegraded, it contaminates the earth and ultimately kills innocent wildlife.
Our environmental guiding principles are as follows;
- Prevention is better than cure, so use as little packaging as possible.
- When choosing packaging, use the packaging material that is recyclable.
Whilst some packaging is recyclable, the demand for the recycled material is low. The most recycled plastic material is PET or Polyethylene Terephthalate. This is because of its wide spread use in carbonated soft drinks and also its unique ability to be recycled from bottle to bottle. PET is 100% recyclable.
Recycling uses less than 30% of the energy needed to manufacture virgin PET. Due to the worldwide demand in PET use for Carbonated Soft Drinks and other beverage, and the ease of use of PET bottle for bottle manufacturer, recycling facilities for PET far exceed any other plastic. The demand for recycled PET also ensures that the recycling rate remains high and therefore makes PET the most environmentally friendly plastic in the world.
Synergy Packaging manufactures PET containers in Australia.
PET containers are manufactured in our Tullamarine facility. We focus intentionally on PET manufacture for environmental reasons.
The key benefits of PET are as follows;
- Compared to glass and other heavier containers, there is up to 30% transport cost savings due to weight and volume reductions.
- Using PET ensures high recycling rates as the demand for the recycled product exceeds that of any other plastic.
- Great shelf life performance as PET has excellent chemical and physical barrier properties.
- Brilliant glass clear presentation of your products.
- Great strength with no breakages under normal use.